What are Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs)?
Lactation consultants are breastfeeding counselors (or medical professionals) who provide support to new parents for infant nutrition. All of our lactation consultants are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs). This credential means that the lactation consultant has done extensive training and many hours of practical, clinical experience with parents and their infants. Essentially, if you encounter issues when feeding your baby, then they are here to support you!
Do you provide superbills for insurance reimbursement?
Yes. Please ask one of our IBCLCS for one during your appointment!
Why was there an issue processing my payment?
Payments can fail or be declined for a number of reasons:
- The card number or expiration date is incorrect
- There are not enough funds available to make the payment
- Payments declined by card issuer
- When a charge is submitted to the issuer of your card, they have automated systems that determine whether or not to authorize the charge. These systems analyze various signals, such as your spending habits, account balance, and card information such as the expiration date, address information, and CVC.
- Generic reasons
- Most declines are specifically categorized by the card issuer as generic, so it’s not always possible to know exactly why a payment was declined. If all of the card information seems correct, it is best that you contact your card issuer and ask for more information. For privacy and security reasons, card issuers can only discuss the specifics of a declined payment with their cardholders – they cannot discuss this with us.
Does my insurance cover lactation support?
This is our most asked question. We wrote a blog post about this topic alone! Read more on our blog.